Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Good Food + Good Friends = Great time!

We had couple of friends/ex-flatmates come (all the way from Malaysia) visiting/staying with us in the weekend. Their visit spawned an eating frenzy, started the minute they arrived! It was a weekend full of food, laughter and great fun. I hadn't felt like this for a very long time. They left Wellington yesterday. The house is now back to it's usual quietness :'(


Anyway, here are the photos. Be prepared to drool your heart out. HAHAHAHAHA

Breakfast at Caffe L'affare



From top left clockwise: Bacon & fried egg bagel; Eggs benedict; Scramble eggs with bacon & mushrooms; Tuna pasta



Dinner at Mac's Brewery

Food was good, but one of my friends found a spider in her organic salads!!!! (O_O)!!! Don't think I wanna go back there again.........

My chargrilled sirloin steak


Rick's lamb shank, braised in red wine


All of us!

Of course, we healthy bunch also did some exercise together to walk off those "burden" too. We did a total of 1.5 hour walk to Mt Kau Kau (interesting name!)








It was so extremely very windy I tell you!


Beautiful view of Wellington


There we were! Braving the gravity, gales and tiredness, finally at the peak!



Dinner at Leuven


From top left clockwise: Roasted lamb rump; 2 kilos of mussels; Creamed leek, new potato and spring onion soup; Oven-baked field mushrooms, capsicum and onion cream on sweet Belgian waffle chips


The little cutie found in one of the mussels. Poor thing!



Desserts at Strawberry Fare



From top left clockwise: Cappuccino; Triple chocolate brownie; Date pudding; Crème Brulée


Me and my Crème Brulée! Been craving for it. (How come I look like a lollipop? Head so big! Hahaha)




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

9 comments:

L B said...

Love the Lollipop Look! LOL.. Nice!!! And all that food couldn't compare with you..

Petite Lass said...

OMG! You all were having a feast =D and yet you are still that slim.

oceanskies79 said...

What a blissful life!

eastcoastlife said...

Gosh! all those food! You would probably have put on 2 kg? hehe....
Just looking at the food, I'm growing fat. :(

Lee said...

Hi Doreen, beautiful pics, and the dishes? Simply torture, ha ha.
Hey Doreen, you lost some weight? Last pic of you....looks like you have.
Seeing you guys in jackets, well, we have to bring out ours very soon, won't be long before the first snow comes.
Have a great week, Doreen, best regards, lee.

Anonymous said...

Oh, glorious glorious food! It's weekend again, feasting time! :D

coolingstar9 said...

Doreen,
Wow, you had a good gathering with your friends. Although It is back to quietness now, but the happiest moment with your friends will be stayed in your mind forever.
Hope your friends can visit you often whenever they have free time.
Happy weekend, Doreen.

Anonymous said...

Big breakfast! Triple chocolate brownie! Steak! Lamb shank!

I'm drooling all over the keyboard, woman!

And I totally agree with the equation: Good Food + Good Friends = Great time! :)

Doreen said...

L B:
Huh? The lollipop look very unhealthy I thought? Small frame, big head, and this particular one doesn’t taste sweet at all. LOL

Petite Lass:
If I keep eating like this, I will become a huge meat ball in no time.


oceanskies79:
Good friends are hard to come by. We had a good time. (^_^)

Eastcoastlife:
I don’t know. I refrain myself to stand on the scale. Probably 3 kg? LOL

U.Lee:.
Don’t think I lost any weight. Must be the camera angle I think coz’ the rest of the photos look normal.

cc:
Yes, indeed!

coolingstar9:
Yep, it was a great fun weekend. I hope to see them again very soon.

MisSmall:
I hope your drool didn’t spoil the keyboard. LOL. We need a waterproof keyboard! LOL