Sunday, November 15, 2009

My (advance) birthday celebration

So I celebrated my birthday last weekend, 2 weeks in advance! We are not sure when the BB is going to arrive, and Rick wanted to give me a nice (and last) birthday dinner celebration as a couple, making the best out of our freedom before we are “jailed” for an extend period. LOL

So Rick went ahead to make a reservation at One80°, a restaurant hiding inside Copthorne hotel at Oriental Bay. This year celebration is a bit different than the previous ones, in fact this is the first time we did it this way. We, at the very last minute decided to crash two restaurants this time. One80° for entrée & main meals, then hopped over to The White House just a few blocks away for dessert! We wanted One80° as we have never been there, then we (well, particularly myself) were attracted to the dessert menu offered at the White House. I have always wanted to try this French dessert, tarte tartin and I was extremely delighted to find it in their menu! What would I do without you, internet!


20091107_180 Degree

My chicken breast and Rick's lamb shank at One80°



20091107_WhiteHouse
At The White House, Lemon crème brûlée and my most coveted Pineapple Tarte Tatin with coconut ice cream


20091107_Oriental Bay


7 comments:

pinkylicious said...

Happy Birthday to you in advance! You're looking good, hun. And hey, you're still wearing your heels!

Have a good one ;).

Par said...

That's sweet!
Baby birthday is next.... hehehe

Petite Lass said...

Happy Birthday in advance, Doreen! Maybe can celebrate birthday again with the BB? Hehehe.

jezalmy said...

Happy Birthday to you... I going through what you had face for the past few months and is really killing me off.

tuti said...

happy birthday doreen!
and so close to bb's birthday too.
next time can double celebrate together!
you're looking so pretty. pregnant, non-pregnant, you look like a pretty flower in blossom everyday!
good luck for baby's coming birthday!
and regards to the hubby as well!

Doreen said...

emotionalistic:
Thanks! Hehehe, I only wear (low) heels where there is not much walking required.

((Ms.K)):
Yes, that will be next!

Petite Lass:
Thanks! That depends when the BB is arriving.

jezalmy:
Oh REALLLY?!?!?! Hang it there sweetie, it will be gone soon. (^_^)

tuti:
Thank you heaps tuti! You're always so sweet and kind.

oceanskies79 said...

Happy Birthday in advance