Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Queenstown

I love Queenstown I wish I live there.  I suppose I should be thankful that it is just a 1.5 hour flight away, but for a place that beautiful, I want it to be at my door step.  I can be VERY greedy.  LOL.  Oh well, one day it will be.  Maybe.  For a start, I will just make do with a regular annual affair. 

For two days, I was spoiled by waking up to the surreal panorama.  I can do this forever.  Trust me, it is addictive.  Who needs a panoramic painting on the wall when you have the whole landscape in front of your lounge.  LIVE. Oh I want to go back...like right now!

We did the typical tourist activities from Gondola to lake cruise.  As usual, a drive to Wanaka and Arrowtown were part of the deal.  It was all the first time for AJ although that was his 3rd time in Queenstown.  Previously at 5 months and 0 month  (If foetus count.  Hahahaha).  He was just too young to remember a thing then.  This little man enjoyed it very much.

This trip was also a patience challenge for me.   AJ asked so many questions that got on my nerves sometimes.  Like, why do I need to wear thick jacket?  Why do I need to wear gloves?  Why does it take so long?  Why, Why and WHY…endless why and countless repeated questions for the entire trip.  I know, it is all good for his development.  I wouldn’t prefer otherwise.  But when you are bombarded with soooooo many WHYSSSSSSSSS while all you wanted was some peace and quiet over the beautiful scenery, it is just hard to keep cool.

All in all, an enjoyable trip.  I will let the photos speak…..

The two TV suckers! LOL








Boarding Earnslaw for the 90 minute lake cruise








In the engine room






The Lake Esplanade

No comments: