Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tribute to my parents

Trinity has invited me to join in the father's day tribute, basically to write something about my dad or mum or even, both of them!

I decided to write about both mum and dad, the two persons that I owe my life to. Without them, I wouldn't be here.

_0616083525_001a


My dearest mummy, the most beautiful lady with a heart of gold. She is poise, gentle and smile is always on her face. She is the most optimistic person in the family and believes everything is achievable if you put your heart to it. She always reminds us to face life with an open and happy heart as life is just too short to be miserable. The other very important teaching mum passes on to me is to be presentable all the time especially when going out meeting people. She has taught me, we being a lady need to take care of ourselves, be presentable and confident to bring out our best and being married or a mum should not deter it. My mum is a full time housewife, taking care of both my elder brother and me, doing all the cooking, cleaning and whatnot, and never a single complain coming out of her. She is always so willing to give. She, is the sunshine of our family.

My dearest daddy, now a retiree, is the best father I could ever hope for. He is respectable and yet funny the same time. He provides the best he could get for us. I remember and always will, how hard he has worked and saved to get my bro and I where we are today. He has provided us a steady foundation (i.e. education) for I can now enjoy a better life. Daddy also plays a main role in teaching us to be a better person, and till today, he is still constantly reminding us to be respectful, not being wasteful and never look down on people. He, is the foundation and pillar of our family.

I am thankful to be born into this family, and proud to be the daughter of these two very special persons. So, on this special day, I want to thank my parents for bringing me up and for all that they have done for me. Last but not least, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

12 comments:

Chen said...

Mum & Dad are the best
Happy Father's Day to Doreen's daddy and all the fathers out there :)

L B said...

You have wonderful parents! Happy Daddy's Day to your Dad!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post about parent day.. Great!

Trinity said...

Wowww.... are they your parents (in the picture)?

Thanks for participating, I have to learn from your mom as well! And... your Dad is a great man who has done his responsibility as a dad very well... wonderful Tribute, Doreen!

mistipurple said...

handsome father and beautiful mother.
no wonder you come out so nice lah.
happy father's day, doreen's papa.

Par said...

Wow your parents looks so young and nice! Glad to read about such loving family of yours.

kyh said...

they look so young!!! u took this pic??? o.O

happy happy day!

oceanskies79 said...

Cheers to Doreen's parents!

Lee said...

Hi Doreen, beautiful tribute. Love your lovely pics.Beauty sure runs in your family.
My father taught me to be tough, my mom taught me love, I no longer walk in their shadows, but in the light they showed me.
Parents are God's angels to us.
You stay gorgeous, Doreen and have a nice day, Lee.

eastcoastlife said...

Wah! The first photo is your parents!? *whistle*

Lovely couple, perfect match. :)

mistipurple said...

pigi wants mcdonald's big breakfast? *burp*

Doreen said...

chen:
Indeed! They're best of the best!

l b:
Daddy is my hero!

keeyit:
Thanks! (^_^)

trinity:
Thanks Trinity! Yeah, they are my parents.

mistipurple:
Hahaha, thanks Misti!

kay:
The bridal portraits were a retake about 5 years ago. Well, it was heavily photoshopped by the studio to create a better and younger looking couple :)

My parents are in their 50s now.

kyh:
haha, I wish I'm that good in taking this pic. See my comment above. (^_^)

oceanskies79:
Cheers!

u.lee:
Thank you Lee! Parents are the most precious thing in my live, of course that also includes my hubby. Hehehe

eastcoastlife:
Yep, my parents they are!

mistipurple:
Mcdonald's big breakfast? No lah, fastfood not healthy. I'll cook Doreen's specialty for him. You want Misti?