Thursday, August 08, 2013

Counting my blessings

I have always thought I belong to a big city like Tokyo, New York or even Singapore.  Coming from a small town (now a beautiful city) I was always intrigued by the hustle and bustle of big city.  I found it fascinating.

However,

The day I landed on this land of long white cloud, I was totally blew away by its beauty.  Something that I was never appreciated till it appeared right before my very eyes.  I fell in love with this place and vowed I would try my very best to live here.  It was a far-fetched fantasy.  The dream of big city life?  It ended right that moment.  Buried.  Never resurrected.


Fast forward 20 years later.....

Today.  I am still here.  Still amazed by the beauty of this country.  Sometimes, I still find it hard to believe, you know to be able to turn a dream into a reality.  I count my blessings.  I could vividly remember the day I received the employment offer letter.  It too was my graduation day.  And I knew I was not very far from that dream.  It was a long journey but worth every inch of it.  I am thankful for my parents saving so hard to lay the foundation of my dream, my first employer for seeing the true potential in me, and last but not least, Rick for being here all along.  It is them who made it possible.


And certainly, no country is perfect.  It all comes down to if you are happy with where you are, the rest are secondary.  I am still a proud Malaysian but NZ is my home now.  If years is a way to quantify, I have lived in NZ longer (and counting) than I have had in Miri!


It may be a boring place to some, but to be able to indulge in such serenity is a rare luxury these modern days.


1 comment:

Petite Lass said...

Totally agree with your last statement!